Creating Buyer Personas that Target your Clients
As an NJ SEO services company in NJ, I teach small business owners on “buyer personas”. I always advise small business owners, before launching a social media campaign, it is important to create and understand buyer personas. What are buyer personas? Buyer personas are fictitious characters that are assigned specific consumer qualities or consumer behaviors. To be more specific, HubSpot defines buyer personas as “ a semi-fictional representation of your ideal customer based on market research and real data about your existing customers.”
How many buyer personas should you have? There is no real limit but you should probably start with three. Here are five questions you can use as a guide when creating your buyer personas.
5 Questions to craft your buyer personas:
- Who are your buyers? Identify their age, level of education, salary, and demographic
- What is his/her job title? Identify the assigned role they have in a company
- What are your buyer’s pain points? Identify what problems he/she might be looking to solve.
- Where do they research industry information? Identify online news subscriptions, websites, news outlets, or other media platforms your buyers might read as part of their purchase decision process.
- How are they absorbing information? Identify how your buyer is spending time online. Are they mostly on SnapChat, Instagram, LinkedIn, or Facebook?
Start with three personas and assign them a fictitious name. You will learn to target each persona with a different, unique marketing message. Remember, not all persons will respond to the same marketing message. Buyer personas help you create more targeted marketing messages that help you convert prospects into customers much faster.
We are an NJ SEO services marketing agency. We service small business owners looking to grow their online presence.